Brian D. Holmes
MS CFP® CMFC AIF®
Brian D. Holmes, MS, CFP®, CMFC, AIF® is the President and CEO of SEIA. He is one of SEIA’s four founding partners, who have shared over two decades of teamwork together, and is currently the Managing Partner and Principal of Signator Investors, Inc.’s Century City, Newport Beach, South Bay and Pasadena branches. His specialties include estate planning, corporate benefits and retirement planning. Brian has been in the investment management and insurance business for over 30 years, maintaining a successful independent private practice for over 300 clients.
Brian is not only the sole advisor from Los Angeles and Orange Counties to make the elite Barron’s list all ten years of its existence, but also one of only two advisors from Southern California to make the list all ten years. Worth Magazine ranked Brian among the nation’s Top 250 Financial Advisors of 2008 and featured him from 2010 – 2015 in “Leading Wealth & Legal Advisors.”
He is a past member of the Schwab Institutional Advisory Board and served on the UCLA Department of Economics Board of Visitors to enhance the curriculum of the Business Economics major. Many notable clients, executive groups, corporations and universities have retained him for lectures, including guest lectures in UCLA’s undergraduate Economics and Investments classes since 2012. Brian is involved with numerous charities in the Southern California area. He is a 28 year resident of Malibu, California along with his wife, son and daughter.
Brian received his Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology with an emphasis in Business Administration from UCLA in 1983. Additionally, in 1994, he received a Master of Science degree in Financial Planning from the College of Financial Planning. He earned his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification in 1988, after completing the professional education program through the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc, and has been a Chartered Mutual Fund Counselor (CMFC) since in 1998. In 2011, Brian earned the Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) professional designation from Fiduciary360, receiving formal training in investment fiduciary responsibility. He is also a licensed insurance agent (CA Ins. License #0657377).
Brian in the News
- As seen in Worth, Inc., May/June 2018
- Signature Estate and Investment Advisors Reaches $7 Billion in Assets; Promotes Kathleen Adams to Partner, October 20, 2017
- As seen in Worth, Inc., June/July 2017
- SEIA CEO Brian Holmes Named a Top Independent Financial Advisor by Barron’s for 10th Consecutive Year, Yahoo Finance, September 28, 2016
- As seen in Worth, Inc., June/July 2016
- Change of Plans, Financial Advisor, December 1, 2015
- Barron’s Names SEIA CEO Brian Holmes as a Top Independent Financial Adivsor for Nine Consecutive Years, Market Wired, September 15, 2015
- As seen in Worth, Inc., June/July 2015
- Here’s a Smart Way to Boost Your Tax-Free Retirement Savings, Time-Money Magazine, November 11, 2014
- Brian Holmes, CEO of Signature Estate & Investment Advisors, Named to Barron’s Top 100 Independent Financial Advisors List for 8th Consecutive Year, October 1, 2014
- As seen in Worth, June/July 2014