Chief Investment Officer
CFA®, CFP®, CAIA, AIF®
Deron McCoy, CFA®, CFP®, CAIA, AIF® is the Chief Investment Officer at SEIA and has served on the firm’s Investment Committee since 2001. As managing director of SEIA’s Department of Investment Management & Economic Strategy (DIMES), Mr. McCoy has duties that are varied and include acting as Head Portfolio Manager on the firm’s discretionary accounts as well as leading the research team in developing the global macro strategy, ultimately incorporated into the firm’s investment models and asset allocation strategies. Mr. McCoy also coordinates the investment due diligence and manages search processes.
Mr. McCoy received his Bachelors of Science degree in Mathematics-Applied Science with a Specialization in Economics and Business Management from the University of California, Los Angeles in 1995. He has been a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner under the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. since 1998, and has held the Chartered Financial Analyst®designation issued by the CFA Institute in 2002, thereby making Mr. McCoy one of only 940 active CFA®charterholders to hold both the CFA® and CFP®designations. He also has held the Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) designation since 2009 and has been an Accredited Investment Fiduciary®(AIF®) as of 2011.
Mr. McCoy currently resides in Pacific Palisades, California with his wife and two children.
Deron in the News
- Fed Raises Interest Rates for Third Time Since Financial Crisis, New York Times, March 15, 2017
- Where to Stash Your Cash, Barron’s, October 5, 2015
- How to Jump into the Foreign Rally, Wall Street Journal, May 4, 2015
- Epic rally in stocks to keep running, CNN Money, April 12, 2015
- Q2 Investing Strategies: Top Five ETF Buys from Powerhouses with $1 Billion+ in Assets Under Management, Forbes, April 2, 2015.